1. The hirer will be responsible for the cost of repairs and/or replacement if any damage is caused to the buildings or equipment (including crockery), as a result of hiring the Hall.
2. The Hall will be reserved on your behalf when the appropriate payments have been received.
Cheques should be made payable to ‘Barrow Gurney Village Hall’.
3. In some circumstances a special deposit will be required for certain functions at the discretion of the management committee. Such deposit will be repaid to the hirer within 28 days of the period of hire less the cost of rectifying any damage caused to the premises and/or contents thereof as a result of hiring the Hall.
4. The Hall is licensed for music and dancing until 11.00pm Sunday-Thursday and midnight on Friday & Saturday. Functions must end by this time. Music volume must not cause nuisance, annoyance or inconvenience to local residents.
5. The Hall is licensed to serve alcohol to private parties. The selling of alcohol will require a license from the local authority.
6. Up to 120 persons are permitted in the Hall (100 when tables and chairs are used).
7. The hirer is required to leave the hall (including kitchen, toilets and ancillary areas) in a clean and tidy condition, removing all perishable rubbish, glass and bottles from the premises.
8. Hiring times must include setting up and clearing up. Premises must be vacated within 30 minutes of the end of the function and any equipment etc brought in removed.
9. The hirer must ensure that all lighting and heating is switched off in the lobby and that all windows are shut and doors locked before leaving the premises.
10. The hirer is responsible for the safety and conduct of the guests at the function as defined in the Licence on display in the Hall.
11. The hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the booking form and shall not allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way that may render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof.
12. The hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
13. The hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
14. The hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought to the Hall and used there shall be safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner.
15. The hirer shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure.
16. Barrow Gurney Village Hall Committee reserve the right to cancel any booking, without prior notice.
17. Barrow Gurney Village Hall Committee reserve the right to refuse any application for the use of the Hall premises and shall not be required to give any reason for its decision. Its officers have right of entry at all times.
18. Barrow Gurney Village Hall Committee cannot under any circumstances accept responsibility for injury sustained by any person, nor for loss of or damage to personal property, including motor vehicles and/or contents therein.
19. The igniting of firework or bonfires on the premises is strictly prohibited.
20. Hall users are requested not to stick/hang anything onto the ceiling. Blu-tack only on the walls.
21. The parking of vehicles is at the owners risk. The Committee cannot be held liable for any damage or loss.